Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Red State, Blue Heart

We live in a traditionally red state and an even redder county. I don't see many dissenting bumper stickers in my daily drive and most of the yard signs are red too. That's why I was ever so slightly giddy this morning when my 6yo's first words were "Who's our new President?" and I was was able to respond Obama!

That's a piece of history. I hope my kids will never know how special, how unparalleled these election results are. I hope they will live in a society where they never question the possibility that they, and their friends, can become anything they dare dream to be.

It will be a hard road ahead but let me extend my heartfelt congratulations to President Elect Barack Obama.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Amen! : )

PS. So did I miss the memo or where you keeping this blog a secret? : ) I love it. Looking forward to reading more!

sherri said...

No secret, just didn't think anyone woudl be interested. I'm not such a captivating character you see. Thanks for the comment though.