Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hope you have a ball

I subscribe to a lot of craft and homemaking blogs at the moment. When I see a new craft or cool idea I always think "I'd like to do that someday." I think I'll start making someday today and report the results. If I can remember the source, I'll post that too.

The kindergarten teacher wrote "Please provide a treat or toy to fill the summer fun buckets. 20 of anything will be great." 20 inexpensive treats that exiting kindergarten kids will likely break or lose before they get the bus? No problem.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money, encourage tooth decay or arm the kids with sharp projectiles. A trip to the Dollar Tree was in order. I found skeins of 4 or 5 multicolored wiffle balls (how do you really spell that?) for $1 each, created a small printed strip with "Hope you have a ball this summer. Your friend, my girl", tied said strips to the balls with curling ribbon and, hey! I'm done. Lightweight for kiddo to carry, cheap and easy for me, and not a bad looking picture either. All in all I think it worked out well.

3 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Hey Sherri! I saw you had commented on Liz's site and stopped by to say Hi!

This is such a cute idea!

(Anjeanette from EPM's)

sherri said...

Hi Anj! Great to hear from you! I hope all is well with you.

I tried to follow your profile but it wasn't an option.

Anjeanette said...

Oh dear. My blog is here http://reclaimingpollyanna.blogspot.com/